- heating the body up
- increasing the digesting fire
- curing gas problem
- cleaning the frontal sinuses
This training type, as well as "Harmony" and "Power", is derived from Pranayama, an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics. It is also named "Surya Bheda", and is translated from Sanskrit as "Sun (energy) penetration".
This pattern is inverted to Chandra Bhedana.
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort, through your left nostril.
- Make a full inhaling ("Inhale") though your right nostril.
- Hold your breath. You might find it comfortable to close your nostrils with your fingers.
- Exhale through your left nostril.
- Sustain the air, closing your nostrils with your fingers as well.
- Keep breathing like this till the end of your training session, following the breath method indicator.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
- NB! Make sure you don't press down on the nostril too hard so the septum is pushed off the center, or so your head starts leaning.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.