- giving the feeling of harmony
- soothing and relaxing the bustling mind
- proven in bettering respiratory parameters
- rejuvenating in case of having not enough sleep
- nurtures and restores health during illness
This training type, as well as "Harmony" and "Power", is derived from Pranayama, an ancient Vedic technique of breathing gymnastics. In Sanskrit, "Savitri" is a feminine form for "Savitu" (the Sun), and is hence referred to as "Goddess of solar harmony."
In Prana Breath this training type is adapted even for people that don't practice Yoga and/or don't have much time for practice but still need its effect.
Setting the training
- Download this pattern if you don't have it yet.
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- Choose the comfortable position. You might even be walking while practicing this pattern.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Make a full inhaling slowly through your nose, in a relaxed manner.
- Retain the air with no tension created.
- Make a full exhaling slowly and smoothly through your nose or your mouth.
- Sustain the air, trying to stay completely relaxed.
- Keep breathing like this till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.