- balancing strong emotions
- helping to chill out quickly
- relieving mental tension
- preventing the anxiety attack
- giving your self-control back
- returning the ability to think logically
Sufi sages referred to this pattern, together with the ones from "Relax", as to practices that help to cool down and to enrich the meditative experience. It was mentioned in ancient Sufi tractate "Disclosure of the hidden" by Al-Hujwiri.
Setting the training
- Choose this pattern in Training tab or Control tab.
- Set the optimal training complexity so the training brings you joy, yet doesn't seem too easy. Use the options in Control tab and/or Dynamic tab to adjust all parameters.
- NB! Be extra careful with this pattern if you have a tendency to hypertension.
- Choose the comfortable position.
- Empty your lungs, breathing out with effort ("Prepare").
- Make a full inhaling ("Inhale").
- Perform an air retaining ("Retain").
- Make a full exhaling ("Exhale").
- Perform an air sustain ("Sustain").
- Keep repeating this breath cycle till the end of your training session.
- After you're done, you might take some time for meditating and contemplating yourself.
How long should I train? How can I combine this pattern with another? Should I always inhale through my nose?
If you have such or other questions, please look through the FAQ page.